The day I dreaded for so long has finally come and gone. I'm now an official member of the 30 Club, and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as I expected! My first 30 years have seen so many joys and blessings, and I hope the same can be said for my next 30 years.
When doing a recent bible study, it hit me that Jesus didn't begin his ministry until he was 30 and David didn't become King until he was 30. I started imaging what God might do with me now that I'm 30. I hope in these next 30 years, I show more kindness, more selflessness, and more care to those around me and I pray that they'll know it's because of God's love for me that I'm in turn able to pour out love for others.
I had a whole weekend of celebrations! On Friday, Jarret and my parents took me to Roy's for a wonderfully nice dinner while Jarret's parents were kind enough to watch Julia. My parents gave me a beautiful cross necklace that I'll have for years to come, and the dinner was really relaxing and enjoyable.

On Saturday, I celebrated with some of my closest girlfriends at On The Border and Sprinkles Cupcakes for dessert. It was so fun and yummy, and I felt hugely blessed by some much needed girl time!


When doing a recent bible study, it hit me that Jesus didn't begin his ministry until he was 30 and David didn't become King until he was 30. I started imaging what God might do with me now that I'm 30. I hope in these next 30 years, I show more kindness, more selflessness, and more care to those around me and I pray that they'll know it's because of God's love for me that I'm in turn able to pour out love for others.
I had a whole weekend of celebrations! On Friday, Jarret and my parents took me to Roy's for a wonderfully nice dinner while Jarret's parents were kind enough to watch Julia. My parents gave me a beautiful cross necklace that I'll have for years to come, and the dinner was really relaxing and enjoyable.

On Saturday, I celebrated with some of my closest girlfriends at On The Border and Sprinkles Cupcakes for dessert. It was so fun and yummy, and I felt hugely blessed by some much needed girl time!

And on Sunday, I celebrated with Jarret's family at Red Lobster. My neice Kendall and I have a competition to see who can eat more Cheddar Bay Biscuits...I could eat those and only those for my meal! We then chilled at J's parents house for a while and had my beloved Sam's white cake. Better than any bride's cake I've tasted!


- Katie

.jpg)


can we photoshop me into the girlfriends picture? sniff. sniff. Since i couldn't be there i will just console myself by eating lots of sweets in your honor here! I love you old woman!
ReplyDeleteKatie ;)
In your next 30 years you will still have the same castle beauty. It was so fun to hang out on Saturday. Julia is so cute - and I love her perfectly round head. Only a mother of a flat spot would notice that :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 30th, Katie! The 30s are great, so welcome to the club :) It looks like you had a great birthday weekend and it's good to hear that you were able to get some girl-time in, too. So necessary those early months...well, isn't it all the time? :)
ReplyDeleteTake care and many more blessings to you in the next 30 years!